Back pain, especially lower back pain, is a constant for many people in Davis and around the world. Chiropractors have always been known as “back pain doctors” to a certain degree, and while they can treat a much wider range of ailments, this moniker is certainly true.
Davis chiropractic care for back pain includes a range of individualized treatments designed to remove the pain permanently.
Some Facts About Back Pain
• One estimate places the number of back pain sufferers in America at roughly 31 million.
Here are some other interesting facts that illustrate just how serious the problem is:
• A 2010 report entitled Global Burden of Disease placed lower back pain as the leading cause of disability around the world.
• Back pain is one of the most common reasons for missed work days and the second-leading reason for doctor’s visits behind infections in the upper-respiratory tract.
• 50 percent of all working Americans say they experience back pain symptoms each year.
• Mechanical issues cause the majority of back pain cases, meaning they are not the result of an underlying health condition.
• Conservatively, Americans spend about $50 billion on back pain.
• Some experts say that as much as 80% of the population will experience back pain at some point in their lives.
Why Do I Have Back Pain?
The causes of back pain can vary quite a bit. With so many muscles, bones, ligaments, and joints all working together in a complex structure, strains and other injuries leading to back pain are common. You may be experiencing back pain due to improper lifting, poor posture, stress, being overweight, a past sports injury, or a car accident. Conditions like arthritis and osteoporosis also cause back pain, as does disease that originates in certain internal organs.
Chiropractic to the Rescue
Chiropractic care is a safe and effective way to treat many types of back pain. With proper chiropractic care for back pain, you will have greater mobility and fewer flare ups. For many patients eliminating the side effects of prescription pain medication is a welcomed benefit they never even considered. Chiropractic treatment focuses on the underlying cause of the back pain while most conventional treatments focus on the symptoms. When only treating the symptom or the pain you may experience relief, but whatever is causing that pain will still be there.
Reputable chiropractors will also suggest lifestyle changes you can make to help prevent back pain from returning. These include maintaining a healthy weight, avoiding prolonged sitting, staying active throughout your life, staying hydrated, wearing low-heel shoes, stretching your body, and using proper body posture. By helping yourself and receiving high quality chiropractic care, back pain should be a thing of the past.
At Rhodes Chiropractic, our team is here to help answer your questions. Please feel free to contact us today.
If you’d like to increase your quality of life and revitalize your health… naturally, we have a valuable offer for you!
We provide a FREE consultation for you to determine what is going on and if we can help before you make any financial commitment to treatment. There is NO OBLIGATION!
Schedule your appointment
on our site or by calling our office.
Click below to complete the simple and easy to fill new patient forms.
Save 10-15 minutes at your appointment by completing the new patient forms in advance.
Dr. Rhodes, your go-to Chiropractor in Davis, is in network with BCBS, Healthcare Highways, HealthChoice, Medicare.
We also accept cash-paying patients.
Monday – Thursday :
8:30 AM – 12:00 PM & 2:00 PM – 5:30 PM
Walk-ins are Welcome!
© 2023 Rhodes Chiropractic, All Rights Reserved